Movies, Like I Promised

Just a quick post now about movies.


********
First, I am so sick to death of hearing and reading about the upcoming vampire movie Twilight, I am ready to vomit. Teen and 'Tween girls who grew up on "Harry Potter" have made Stephanie Myers dark romances into publishing sensation. The movie is being promoted ad nauseum and if I see one more picture of its star's filthy hair I'm going to stab someone. So I was thrilled to find this on Cracked:
********
And there's other news:
From Variety comes the story of a new CGI version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, helmed by Excalibur and Deliverance director, John Boorman.
Whatever the public reaction to a new version of this beloved classic is, I hope that like the previously discussed Return to Oz, Boorman's vision is closer to the L. Frank Baum original stories. Good to see the property is hot again, though
More of this, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Goth / Horror / Links / Movies / News / Stephanie Meyers / Stupid / Twilight / Vampires with the title Movies, Like I Promised. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2008/11/movies-like-i-promised.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Movies, Like I Promised"

Post a Comment