Geek Post

Listen closely, boys and girls, and I will tell you the story of how movie geeks and fanboys never grow up. Oh, we may mature and our tastes may broaden, but inside, we will always be 16 year-olds waiting breathlessly for Return of the Jedi or X-Men or The Dark Knight. This is the second time in as many weeks that I am salivating over trailers. Via JustJared, here is the trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek:



You knew exactly who was driving that car in the desert, didn't you? Between this and Watchmen, 2009 looks to be a good year for movie geeks.
My friend says Chris Pine is "generic," though I think he's not bad to look at and could very well embody an impetuous and passionate Starfleet Cadet. And while Zachary Quinto certainly seems perfectly cast as a young Vulcan scientist, I don't quite get the sex-appeal hype that surrounds the "Heroes" star. As for the rest of the cast (who are curiously absent from this trailer), the only one I am really familiar with is Simon Pegg as the ship's Chief Engineer. If he's as good a serious actor as he is a comdeian, he could make the phrase "I got no power, Captain!" all his own.
By the way - you'll notice I deliberately mentioned no character names. I did this because I think most of you reading this are geeky enough to know who they are. And if you don't... find another blog to read. You don't belong here.
More of this, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Geeky / Movies / Previews / Trailers with the title Geek Post. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2008/11/geek-post.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Geek Post"

Post a Comment