No Rest for the Wicked

I'm Not Patrick Stewart

The first read-through for the JTMF 10th Anniversary production of Paul Rudnick's gay romantic comedy Jeffrey is one week from tonight.

The poster to your left is from the 1995 film version which starred Stephen Weber; hottie Michael T. Weiss; Patrick Stewart; Sigourney Weaver; Nathan Lane; Christine Baranski; Victor Garber; Cameron Mannheim and Olympia Dukakis, among others. The movie's good, but the play is better.

I'm reprising the role of Sterling (Patrick Stewart in the movie), a part I played 10 years ago in the first JTMF show, before were the JTMF. We were simply "The Friends and Family of James Tolin" back then. 

We had no idea that 10 years and 12 shows later we'd still be raising money in honor of the name of a fallen compadre. I do love that after directing 9 shows, I'm back to acting for the company in a play I really like and a role I love. It's also a chance to really act alongside my Dear D for the first time. Yes, we both appeared in A View from the Bridge a few years ago, but we had only one small scene together.

I'll be posting about Jeffrey probably more than I posted about Hairspray, though I promise not to get sickening about it. There will plenty of other things to talk about in the next two months, including movies like The Avengers; Men in Black III; Snow White and the Huntsman; Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.  And I'm sure there will be plenty of "Gayest Things" to discuss. In the meantime, watch the trailer for the movie version of Rudnick's Off-Broadway hit and think about trying to get to see our production of it.



And here are the trailers for the movies I want to see this Spring:











More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Jeffrey / JTMF / Paul Rudnick / Theatre / Trailers with the title No Rest for the Wicked. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2012/04/no-rest-for-wicked.html. Thanks!

No comment for "No Rest for the Wicked"

Post a Comment