The Gayest Things You'll See This Week (NSFW Version)

Big Dipper (L) and a Fan

The sound you hear is Walt Disney spinning in his block of ice, stored in a super-secret underground lab in Anaheim.

If you've ever read my profile, you'll note that Uncle P is not a fan of rap music. I generally detest it, no matter who is doing the rapping. I think it's because rap sounds angry, no matter what the subject. Love songs shouldn't feature guns, knives, cars, hos and/or strippers. No one should get shot or stuffed in a trunk and driven off a bridge.

Big Dipper is a Gay Bear rapper. Probably the only one in existence. He's not an unattractive man (hot in the way Kevin Smith can be - come on Bear Lovers - you know it's true). I had never heard of Big Dipper before tonight, when I checked out Towleroad and found the EXCEPTIONALLY NOT SAFE FOR WORK video, below. Raunchy, sometimes sexy; often weird and always very, very inappropriate, Big Dipper takes a a classic from Disney's Bambi and turns it into a dirty little rap extolling the virtues of nasty gay sex. Don't say you haven't been warned.



I'm not sure if the censored sex scenes were real or not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

There are times when I sit down to write and have no idea what I'm going to talk about. And there are times when an idea takes hold, but doesn't make it to the blog right away (such was the case tonight, with a planned piece about a very different kind of music). Then there are times when you stumble on something so flabbergasting, you just have to talk about it. So much for best laid plans, eh? 

Here's the thing: I am all for artistic expression and writing what you feel. And I know all too well that there are all kinds of people with all kinds of preferences; turn-ons and fetishes. But in a time when Equality is the LGBT community's biggest issue, is this the image we want presented to the general population? I know - most Str8t people won't see this video. But imagine if someone like Rick Santorum or Rick Perry got a hold of it. I can hear the speaking in tongue as I write this. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that video. I wouldn't haven't written about like this, if I did. You should know I'd be ranting and raving if I thought it encouraged wrong-doing or truly immoral acts. What people do in their own homes is their own business. I don't believe in heaven or hell. I do believe that morality can exist without religion. And I believe in freedom of speech. 

Still, I worry that LGBT people will never be equal as long as we go to outrageous lengths to prove our difference. I know, I know.. "We're Here! We're Queer! Get Used To It!" We should celebrate our diversity. But do we have to be so extreme about it? I'm not saying that by any means we should be quiet, but perhaps we can approach the opposition with a little more honey, than vinegar. How about instead, we say: "We're Here! We're Queer! We're You're Family, Friends and Co-Workers! We Only Want the Rights You Already Have! We Don't Recruit Your Children! We Won't Destroy Your Marriages!" Too long? Yeah, I thought so, too.

We walk a delicate balance, every day. "Separate But Equal" didn't work in the 60's. It doesn't work in the 21st Century, either. Love who you are, what you do and how you do it, but know that there will always be those who will hold that against you.

Or am I totally off-base here? I'm certainly not advocating a 'Gay Uncle Tom" thing, here. I'm just saying that if we keep scaring the opposition, they'll never get it. I don't think that's unreasonable, do you?

Hopefully, nothing else will distract me tomorrow from posting what I had originally intended to write about, tonight.

More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Bears / Big Dipper / Hot / Kevin Smith / Music / Music Video / NSFW / Rap Music / The Gayest Thing with the title The Gayest Things You'll See This Week (NSFW Version). You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2012/01/the-gayest-things-you-see-this-week.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Gayest Things You'll See This Week (NSFW Version)"

Post a Comment