A Child of Rape Responds

Rep. Todd Akin: "First of all, from what I understand from doctors (pregnancy from rape) is really rare... If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Oh really? I know at least one child of rape who has something to say to Senator Congressman Akin:

"I'm Your Boyfriend Now, Bitch!"

Seriously? You're on the Senate Congressional Science committee and you publicly make an idiotic statement like that and don't expect backlash? Have you never taken a basic high school biology class? Are you so out of touch with reality that you have to insult and denigrate 51% of the country's population? Is Missouri so backwoods that inbreeding has left you with half a brain? And what does your comment say about the constituents who voted you into office?

Is this what we've come to in American politics? It used to be Us Against the World. Now it's The Haves Against The Have Nots. Straights Against Gays. Republicans Against Women. Rich Against Poor. What the hell went wrong? We no longer have the Soviets to hate, so we'll hate everyone who isn't white, rich and Republican? And let's not get into the whole FRC as victims in the shooting at the hate group's headquarters last week. I could write for days about those creeps playing the victim card.

Yes, I certainly know that all of those prejudices have always been in place. But just when I thought we were actually about to turn a corner in tolerant acceptance, some a-hole opens his mouth and reminds us of just how far we still have to go.

Sure, I have some friends who are Republicans. But they are also smart enough to know that the poison being spewed by the "Tea-Party" is nonsense. They are (for the most part) what I like to refer to as 'Lincoln Republicans:' Fiscally conservative but socially liberal. They are smart enough to ignore the religious fundies' views on women and the LGBTQ community; know full-well that so-called Intelligent Design is scientifically invalid and recognize the importance of social programs and the arts. Sadly, my friends are in the minority when it comes to their political party and their voices are consequently drowned out by the vociferous lunatic fringe.

Todd Akin's comments about rape are indicative of everything that's wrong in America, today. How did the "Land of the Free" become the "Land of the Rich and Stupid?" 

I may be gay, but when I was younger, I hoped that one day I would have children of my own. Now I'm glad I never did, because I wouldn't want them to grow up in a country that embraces stupidity and hatred. 



Legitimate rape? Disgusting.

More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article A Nightmare on Elm Street / A**holes / Horror / Politics with the title A Child of Rape Responds. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-child-of-rape-responds.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A Child of Rape Responds"

Post a Comment