More Oscar Animation

Nom-Nom-Nom-Nom-Nom-Nom!
As promised, I went and took a look at the remaining Oscar-nominated Animated Shorts and was truly delighted by what I found. Story seemed to be key this year, though clever and voiceless had their place, as well. I've already shared Head Over Heels and the trailer for Disney's CGI/Hand Animation combo, Paperman. I haven't seen The Simpsons: The Longest Daycare (in which Maggie spends a day at the Ayn Rand School for Tots), though I believe Fox is planning on airing it this coming Sunday. 

That leaves Adam and Dog, a sweet mythology about the first man's first best friend:


And Fresh Guacamole, an absurd little stop-motion cooking lesson, of sorts:



And in case you missed it, here's the full version of Paperman:



While I do have a favorite of the four, I'll wait to name it until I've seen The Longest Daycare.

Which of these is your favorite?

More, anon.
Prospero 
You have read this article Animation / Awards / Movies / Oscars / Short Films / Stop-Motion with the title More Oscar Animation. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2013/02/more-oscar-animation.html. Thanks!

No comment for "More Oscar Animation"

Post a Comment