Trailerpalooza

Summer 2012 is far from over and while there are still several Summer movies I'm really looking forward to seeing (Total Recall; The Odd Life of Timothy Green; The Tall Man; ParaNorman and The Expendables 2 - Okay - D made me promise to see that one with him, and even though it co-stars my obsession, it's not exactly at the top of my list), there are loads of movies coming up this fall I also want to see, many of which have recently had trailers released online. So let's take a look at some of the movies I'm looking forward to seeing in the second half of the year, shall we? 

TOTAL RECALL:

I loved the Colin Farrell remake of Fright Night, and I think Farrell (as do many others) is hot! This version looks to be closer to the Phillip K. Dick story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" than the Arnold Schwarzenegger version.



THE ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN:

This strange and sweet Disney fantasy may just be the palette-cleanser we all need after the rest of the summer's violent blockbusters.




PARANORMAN:
 Kodi Smit-McPhee (Let Me In) and the amazing Jodelle Ferland (Silent Hill) are among the voices in this animated fantasy about a boy who sees dead people.



DREDD:

Forget the ridiculous Stallone movie. Karl Urban (Star Trek) stars as Judge Dredd, the comic-book hero who never removes his helmet.




LOOPER:

Hot up and comer Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Dark Knight Returns) and Bruce Willis star as a time-traveling assassin who is supposed to kill himself.




SINISTER:

Ethan Hawke is a true-crime writer who discovers a supernatural element to the story he's currently researching.





SILENT HILL REVELATION 3D:

I actually enjoyed the bizarre original adaptation of the creepy video game, thanks in part to terrific performances from Radha Mitchell, Jodelle Ferland and Sean Bean. The sequel looks equally bizarre and interesting.



CLOUD ATLAS:

Tom Hanks; Halle Berry; Jim Broadbent; Hugo Weaving; Susan Sarandon and James D'Arcy are among the many stars in the Wachowsky's adaptation of David Mitchell's complex novel about time, love, birth, death, and everything in between. I've watched this trailer several times, and it never fails to get me excited to see the movie. Watch this one in Full Screen.



SKYFALL:

Daniel Craig returns in his third outing as James Bond in director Sam Mendes' (American Beauty) take on the character and the genre. As long as Craig shows off that magnificent body, I'll be happy. though as a Bond fan since the Sean Connery days, I can't wait to see what Mendes has in store for us.



LIFE OF PI:

Director Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain) adaptation of Yann Martell's novel about an Indian zookeeper's son who is shipwrecked with a variety of animals in the Pacific. Another trailer you should watch in Full Screen:



CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY:

The first Cirque film, Journey of Man literally brought tears to my (and my companions') eyes with it's beauty. Their follow-up, Allegria, was a little too bizarre for most folks. The latest from my other obsession looks nothing less than amazing. Watch this one in Full Screen, as well.



While I probably won't get to see all of these films in a cinema (though I will make sure to see at least three or four of them on the big screen), I am excitedly anticipating seeing all of them in one format or another. What movies are you looking forward to see in the next few months? 

More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Ang Lee / Cirque du Soleil / Colin Farrell / Fantasy / Horror / Hot / Jason Statham / Movies / Obsessions / sci-Fi / Trailers with the title Trailerpalooza. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2012/07/trailerpalooza.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Trailerpalooza"

Post a Comment