The Gayest and Scariest Things You'll See This Week.

Elizabeth Olsen in "Silent House"

So I'm sort of torn between two movies I very much want to see this weekend. First, I practically begged D to come see John Carter, which he less-than-enthusiastically agreed. Then I said "Unless you would rather see Silent House, then I'll see John Carter with K or Dale."

He replied "What's Silent House?"

Directed by Chris Kentiss and Laura Lau (Open Water), Silent House is a real-time, found-footage, single-take horror movie starring the very up and coming Elizabeth Olsen (Martha Marcy May Marlene) in the American version of the Uruguayan horror movie, La casa muda (The Silent House). If it was indeed filmed in one take, I imagine rehearsals would have been pretty intense. And how many versions did they shoot before they got perfect take? Personally, I know of plenty amazing single-shot sequences (The Bird Cage and Children of Men come immediately to mind) but I don't think I've ever seen an entire single-take film. Here's both trailers:






So what do you think? I haven't seen the original, but I am so very intrigued by the whole thing and I'm dying to see how they pull it off.

I know - I promised a Gayest Thing, too. Fear not. Perhaps this should really be called the 'Most Fabulous Thing,' because I promise you, it is Fab-U-Effing-Lous! I found the below clip earlier on Towleroad and since I'm rehearsing for Musical Theatre's second greatest drag role (Albin in La Cage is undefeated, though Victoria in Victor/Victoria is a close 3rd), I've been keeping my eye out for reference material and when I saw the clip I am about to share, it inspired me to give at least as joyous (though hardly as elaborate) a performance as the star of this piece. I wish I was sure enough of the clip's national origins to give proper credit, all around. My Spanish is practically non-existent. If you know, please let me know. 

Anyway - this is how you do drag, bitches!:



Talk about owning it! Am I allowed to say "You go, girl," as long I use it both sincerely and ironically,  like Chelsea Handler uses it?  I think (and hope) that person won that competition. And if (s)he* didn't win, who the hell topped that act?

*Don't judge; I have no idea how that person identifies (though if you do, please let me know).

And since we're already talking about performing in drag, I had my measurements taken while wearing the custom bra I'll be wearing in Hairspray. This Edna Turnblad is a 67 Triple F. Jealous, much?

Didn't think so.

More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Drag Queens / Foriegn Film / Ghosts / Hairspray / Horror / Movies / Scary / The Gayest Thing / Trailers with the title The Gayest and Scariest Things You'll See This Week.. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2012/03/the-gayest-and-scariest-things-you-see.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Gayest and Scariest Things You'll See This Week."

Post a Comment