My Favorite Movies (so far) This Year



OK - I'm just getting used to Firefox, but have found that I can post stuff much more easily than on Explorer.

Anyway... here's my post about my favorite movies this year. And while I have hardly seen every film I've wanted to this year (Taxidermia, I Sell the Dead, and Up among them,) I can speak about the movies I have seen. Here then, is my list of the best movies I've seen in 2009, in order of my love for them:

Coraline:

Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas) directs this Neil Gaimon tale about a little girl who discovers an alternate reality behind a door in her bedroom:



Star Trek:

J.J. Abrams re-imagines the classic TV series in an exciting and very entertaining film. My review is here. The trailer is here:



Watchmen:

Creator Alan Moore (among others) felt that his graphic novel was unfilmable. Dircetor Zach Snyder disagreed and created one of the top 3 Superhero movies of all time. My review is here. Watch the trailer below:



District 9:

Neil Blomkamp's alien allegory is by far a perfect film, but it left me feeling less human for the viewing of it. My review is here. The trailer is below:



Drag Me to Hell:

Sam Raimi (The Evil Dead, Spider-Man) makes his triumphant return to horror with this story about a young loan officer who refuses to extend a mortgage to teh wrong evil gypsy. My ecstatic review is here.



Moon:

An astounding and "quiet" Sci-Fi film from director Duncan Jones (son of David Bowie), Moon features an amazing performance form the always wonderful Sam Rockwell in a film reminiscent of late '60's and early 70's films like 2001 and Silent Running. My #1 pick, so far:



So, there you have them. Agree? Disagree? Let me know. I always love hearing from you.

More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article with the title My Favorite Movies (so far) This Year. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-favorite-movies-so-far-this-year.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My Favorite Movies (so far) This Year"

Post a Comment