The Best Worst Movies I Have to See



Confused? I'll bet. First and foremost, I must credit JA over at MyNewPlaidPants for turning me on to both of these movies. You rock, bro'! (How lamely hetero was that?)

Anyway, JA saw a documentary this past weekend called Best Worst Movie. It's about a cult movie, 20 years in the making; RottenTomatoes' infamously "Lowest Rated Movie" Troll 2.

A neglected travesty when it was released in 1990, Italian director Claudio Fragasso's Double "Z" grade horror movie has since garnered an enthusiastic audience of Bad Movie Lovers and midnight showings have been selling out across the country. I am certain that I skipped Troll 2 while browsing my local Blockbuster when it was released Direct-to-Video, so I have never had the, you will excuse the term, "pleasure".

But after seeing the trailer below, I find myself compelled to seek it out and experience its crapulence for myself. And then I MUST see Best Worst Movie as soon as humanly possible. Here's the trailer from the movie's official site, http://bestworstmovie.com/:

Best Worst Movie Trailer from Best Worst Movie on Vimeo.

In other Entertainment News, Towleroad is reporting that playwright Moises Kaufman's Epilogue to The Laramie Project will open in no less than 40 (and as many as 100) regional theatres on October 11th, the 11th anniversary of Matthew Shepherd's death in Laramie, Wyoming. The Epilogue examines how the people in Laramie were affected by the events of 1998, and how life has (or hasn't) changed for them over the last eleven years. I hope that at least one of the many local regional theatres in my area participates.

More, anon.

Prospero

You have read this article Bad / Cult Movies / Documentaries / Horror / Matthew Shepherd / Moises Kaufman / Theatre / Trailers with the title The Best Worst Movies I Have to See. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2009/08/the-best-worst-movies-i-have-to-see.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Best Worst Movies I Have to See"

Post a Comment