Disney-Pixar Presents: "Frank Miller's '300?'"

I wasn't sure what I was going to write about tonight, unil I visited my old friend, YouTube. And because I had been recently viewing re-cut trailers, it suggested one I hadn't seen before. I was thinking I might do a follow up to the Classic Horror? post from a few days ago, but then found something that took me on a different path toward sort-of the same destination: Mash-up trailers. And for some reason, I found a plethora of trailers which mashed the 300 trailer's audio to any number of other trailers' visulas. Even more interesting was how many Disney/Pixar films get the the treatment. The first one of these I came across was a Toy Story/300 mash-up:




Funny, yes? Well, linked to that mash-up was this one, for Monster's Inc./300:





And it doesn't just work for CGI. Here it is brilliantly realized in The Lion King/300:




It's not even limited to animated films. I can think of any number of westerns and action films that would work, but this Star Wars/300 mash-up is probably my favorite:


And let's not forget those afflicted with "gamer's thumb." Here is Mortal Kombat/300:


But it isn't just mash-ups. I suppose the bombastic trailer for 300 was just perfect fodder for parody, as evidenced by how many there are on YouTube alone. Here is Ninja Asylum's hilarious parody:

Or this immigration-themed parody from The Latino Comedy Project:


Finally, from YouTube poster "mynameisthad300," this delightfully absurd, MST3K meets the British "Whose Line Is It, Anyway?" parody "Where's My Cat?"


So what are your favorite 300 parodies? Or what other movie parodies do you love? Please share any links in the comments. And I promise another follow-up on re-cut trailers, including the one that led me to all this 300 nonsense.

More, anon.

Prospero

You have read this article 300 / Parodies / Randomly Funny / Trailers with the title Disney-Pixar Presents: "Frank Miller's '300?'". You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2009/03/disney-pixar-presents-miller.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Disney-Pixar Presents: "Frank Miller's '300?'""

Post a Comment