It Could Have Been Worse

The Jet Star Coaster, Seaside Heights, NJ
Uncle P here. The power is still out at my house and the Day-Job just opened today, so I'm briefly posting between calls.

I lost part of a fence gate at my house and all the food in my fridge and freezers, but that's about it. My house is very cold and I haven't had a proper shower since Saturday, washing my hair and stinky bits in cold water. If the power isn't back by the time I get home today, we're going to a hotel, if only to get a decent night's sleep someplace warm and have a hot shower. There are people near where I live in much more dire circumstances than I: homes smashed by trees; homes flooded and lives lost, so I can't really complain, too much. 

The photo above is of one of the amusement piers at Seaside Heights (yes, "The Jersey Shore" place), which is the shore resort of my youth. Seeing the Jet Star Coaster like that is simply surreal. It reminds me of the Statue of Liberty at the end of the original Planet of the Apes, but in real life. If you live in the region affected by hurricane Sandy, my heart is with you and I hope you are safe and well.



More, anon (or as soon as possible).
Prosperp
You have read this article Hurricane Sandy / Storms / Uncle P with the title It Could Have Been Worse. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2012/11/it-could-have-been-worse.html. Thanks!

No comment for "It Could Have Been Worse"

Post a Comment