Fall 2011 TV: The Comedies


The new Fall TV season is soon upon us. I admit, I love television. Especially good television, which is a rare commodity. Each Fall I look forward to seeing as many new shows as possible, hoping that there will be another "Lost" or "Modern Family" or "Raising Hope" or anything worth watching. 

And while cable has plenty of great programs, I refuse to pay extra for "premium" channels, especially when I can rent entire seasons to watch at my leisure. So tonight I will be talking about network shows only. More specifically, the new network comedies I am most looking forward to checking out. Tomorrow, I'll talk about the dramas. So far, only a handful of new comedies have caught my eye. The sitcom was declared dead a while back, though the hilarious shows  "Modern Family" and "Raising Hope" shot that notion down. Here are the shows I hope will continue to prove that theory wrong.

"New Girl" (FOX)

Zooey Deschanel (Elf) stars as a young woman who moves in with three male roommates. Hijinks ensue. I'm counting on the delightful Deschanel (sister of "Bones" star Emily) to elevate this comedy above sophomoric sex jokes.



"Suburgatory" (ABC)

A city girl moves to the suburbs and is horrified by what she finds. The presence of Cheryl Hinds, Ana Gasteyer, Jeremy Sisto and Alan Tudyk make me hopeful for this one.



"Up All Night" (NBC)

Christina Applegate ("Samantha Who?") and Will Arnett ("Arrested Development") star as new parents and Maya Rudolph ("SNL") is their clueless friend. I love all three members of the main cast and hope the show is a hit. They all deserve one.



"Whitney"

Comedienne Chelsea Handler produces this comedy about a woman (Whitney Cummings) who lives with her boyfriend and finds herself in one awkward situation after another.


 
I'm guessing only one of these four shows will actually make it. Tomorrow, I'll talk about the dramas I'm looking forward to seeing, a much longer list.

More, anon.
Prospero

You have read this article Comedy / Previews / Trailers / TV with the title Fall 2011 TV: The Comedies. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2011/08/fall-2011-tv-comedies.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Fall 2011 TV: The Comedies"

Post a Comment