Eyes, Hair, Mouth, Figure...



That's the amazing and hilarious playwright/actor Charles Busch as Angela Arden in Die Mommie Die!, the play I am currently directing for the James Tolin Memorial Fund's annual AIDS benefit, June 24th - 26th. Charles is a very handsome man who knows how to wield a makeup brush (and it helps that he has great bone structure).

Thankfully, I have been able to cast an equally handsome actor with great bone structure. David previously appeared as Steve in our production of The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told and I am thrilled that he agreed to play the role. Still, cheekbones aside, David isn't quite the 'petite flower' that Mr. Busch is. 6' 1" tall, broad-shouldered with an athletic build and size 12 feet, costuming him is going to be a challenge, to say the least.

I've been Googling "Transvestite Supplies;" "Transvestite Clothing" and "Transvestite Shoes" with limited success. When I played Arnold in Torch Song Trilogy, our producer found a Trans Clothing store on EBay, where she was able to procure a pair of black patent pumps with 3" heels for me. I'm hoping she'll be able to do the same for him. I'm planning a trip to M*A*C counter at Macy's for cosmetics and our costumer is going to do her best to find clothes in her stock, but finding late-60's period pieces in his size is going to be a challenge, at best.

So I am turning to you, dear readers, for help. If you know of any Trans clothing suppliers in the Philadelphia/New York/New Jersey area, please let me know. I'll even give you a "Special Thanks" nod in our program. You'll be helping a great cause, too.

Here are some clips from the 2003 movie version starring Busch; Natasha Lyonne; Jason Priestley; Frances Conroy and Philip Baker Hall:



PS - 10 points if you know the reference in this post's Musical Theatre-inspired title...

More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Costumes / Die Mommie Die / JTMF / Make Up / On Directing with the title Eyes, Hair, Mouth, Figure.... You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2011/05/eyes-hair-mouth-figure.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Eyes, Hair, Mouth, Figure..."

Post a Comment