Only So Many Hours In a Day


Today was the Holiday Party at the Day Job. We boarded the buses and headed to the usual venue (a popular local club/restaurant) where we were treated to a delicious buffet and an open wine and beer bar. We danced, made fools of ourselves and left early after the buses deposited us back at the building. I've said it before and am happy to say it again: I work for a wonderful NPO that treats its employees like family and I consider myself quite blessed to a part of that family.

Anyway, I got home about 2 hours earlier than usual and had every intention of using that time to its best advantage. So, what did I do? I plopped down on the sofa and watched reruns of "Law and Order: SVU" on cable.  I had planned to work on my almost finished screenplay and make notes on an idea I had for a novel. Instead, I got caught up in Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay investigating the sexual assault a young girl who. along with her unsuspecting parents, was the victim of a car accident. o creativity on my part, whatsoever.

I did manage to make a few notes for the novel, several hours later, but by then, the idea of expending energy on either project was little more than a distant memory. I watched some more DVR'd TV; checked Facebook and my email; played a game and came here to bitch about how little I'd actually done today. Sigh... sometimes I hate my lack of discipline.

So, what does the picture of NBC's "The Cape" have anything to do with anything about which I've talked tonight? On a scale of 1 to 10: 1. Though I will be posting about it as soon as I've actually seen it. I guess that's something...or not. I just ask that you hang in until I actually have something worth saying. 

Wow! Talk about rambling...

More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Holidays / Ramblings / The Day Job / TV with the title Only So Many Hours In a Day. You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2011/01/only-so-many-hours-in-day.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Only So Many Hours In a Day"

Post a Comment