Jin's Alive! (And HOT!!!)



Watching last night's Jin-centric episode of "Lost," got me thinking about my recent obsession with ethnic men. Regular readers will know that I rarely post about sex, or hot guys (the Danny Dyer photo being a rare exception) or anything remotely 'dirty.' But damn! Daniel Dae Kim is hot!


I'm hardly a person one could even remotely describe as 'racist.' One of the last things I notice about a person is the color of their skin or the shape of their eyes. In fact, I'm probably more interested in the size of their biceps or the shape of their pecs. But, I am the first to admit that a beautiful man will always turn my head.

In the past few years, I have noticed that I am more and more attracted to men of ethnicities other than my own. That's not to say that I don't find white guys attractive. I can find beauty in all variations of man-flesh (that sounds rather awful, doesn't it?). But the last WASP guy I dated (with the unlikely name of Ford), was just so boring! And please, don't ask me how long ago that was.


I think it started with Coby Bell on the late NBC drama "Third Watch." Smart, sexy and oh-so-beautiful, Bell is the first African American man I can remember actually lusting after (gee, that sounds even worse). Bell played a cop who wanted to be a lawyer, and whose moral standards rose above most of the rest of the show's characters. It didn't hurt that he's drop-dead gorgeous.

There's just something about a square-jawed hunk in a uniform that makes me go all squishy inside. Coby's "Officer Ty Davis" was the epitome of a good and dedicated cop, refusing to give in to the corruption which surrounded him on NYPD. When Ty sat down to take the LSAT, I was rooting for him to get a 180 (sadly, his schlubby partner, played by the excellent Skipp Sudduth) actually scored higher). I was sad to see this terrific show end, not only because it meant I no longer got my weekly dose of Coby, but because an excellent ensemble cast was scattered to the winds of Hollywood once-weres.

Then, of course, there is TV's current ultimate ethnic hottie, "CSI: Miami" star Adam Rodriguez.
Rodriguez plays Eric Delco, a Cuban immigrant and gunshot survivor who is not-so-secretly in love with his white bread co-worker, Calliegh Duquesne (the beautiful and talented Emily Proctor). Honestly, it should be illegal for a human being to be as gorgeous as Rodriguez.

So, what does all this mean? Am I racist? Am I anti-Caucasian? Hardly. Maybe I'm just a dirty old guy looking for vicarious thrills on the boob-tube.

Truth be told, I just think it means that I can find beauty in men of all types and ethnicities. That's probably more than I ever intended to share with anyone, and probably more than you ever needed to know about me. But there it is. Make of it whatever you will.
As long as producers continue to give us hot men on TV, I don't care. All the more reason to set my DVR to "record."
More, anon.
Prospero
You have read this article Hot / Men / Ramblings / TV with the title Jin's Alive! (And HOT!!!). You can bookmark this page URL http://tammycross.blogspot.com/2009/02/jin-alive-and-hot.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Jin's Alive! (And HOT!!!)"

Post a Comment